Red Maca Gelatinized Powder
- Scientific name
- Lepidium meyenii, Walp
- Root vegetable from the Peruvian Andes cultivated between 3,800 to 4,200 meters above sea level. Red maca roots are extruded , dehydrated and milled into a fine powder. The maca is gelatinized through a controlled heated extrusion process that breaks down the starch concentrating more its nutrients and allowing for easier digestion.
Naturik red maca gelatinized powder has improved taste, solubility, digestibility, and microbiological safety than other maca gelatinized powders in the market. It is gelatinized using our more advance twin screw extruding technology to improve sensorial attributes, digestibility, and nutritional value.
• Improved taste – It has improved taste that is sweet and earthy with nutty and malty undertones.
• Improved solubility – It dissolves faster and better in liquids.
• Improved digestibility – It has a more homogeneous cooking process ensuring a better digestibility of protein and starch (gelatinizing).
• Improved microbiological safety – It has a kill step with the controlled heat extrusion that ensures food safety peace-of-mind.
- It is highly digestible and more soluble than regular maca. Rich in high quality carbohydrates, protein, and important minerals, such as magnesium, calcium, iron and phosphorous.
- It can be mixed easily into juices, smoothies, shakes, yogurt and cereal and can be added to pancakes, desserts and baked goods. Ideal for capsules, energy drinks and energy bars.
- Benefits for Consumer
- As an adaptogen, maca helps your body cope with the effects of stress. It increases stamina and immune system function, boosts libido and combats fatigue.
- Organic and Conventional, Kosher, Vegan, Gluten-Free and GMO-Free. Free of additives, irradiation and BSE/TSE.
- All available third-party research on red maca and its efficacy can be found on the U.S. National Institutes of Health PubMed database. Click here.
Calle Manuel Arispe 210, Callao – Peru