Yacon Raw Powder and Slices
- Scientific name
- Smallanthus sonchifolius
- Tuber from the Peruvian Andes. Yacon roots are sliced, dehydrated at low temperature, then kept as slices or milled into a fine powder.
- Fructooligosaccharides (FOS), a unique type of sugar (inulin) that can't be absorbed by the body. FOS also acts as a prebiotic, serving as food for the "friendly" bacteria in the colon.
- As an alternative sweetener in smoothies, desserts, teas and mixed with other flours for muffins and cookies. As slices as a snack and into salads.
- Benefits for Consumer
- Low glycemic, low calorie and as a prebiotic is good for digestion, stimulates positive colon health, and helps with the absorption of calcium and vitamins.
- Organic and Conventional, Kosher, Raw, Vegan, Gluten-Free and GMO-Free. Free of additives, irradiation and BSE/TSE.
Calle Manuel Arispe 210, Callao – Peru